Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fibromyalgia: Ups and Downs

Do you ever feel like you're an emotional basketcase? I've heard I'm not the only one... I feel like a crazy person with no patience or grace. Does anyone else out there feel this way? Anyway, I notice that the more I exercise, the less mood swings I'll have. Trust me. I know how difficult it is to exercise with this terrible disease, but if you do it when you're feeling emotional there is a definite payoff. It doesn't have to be traditional exercise either. A lot of people aren't into that sort of thing. Raking leaves and cleaning the house are a couple of activities that have to be done anyway and give you plenty of exercise. Why is this good for your mood? It helps to release endorphins. Us Fibromyalgia patients can use all of the endorphins we can get.

What other way can you help your moodiness when you're going crazy with the fibro ups and downs? Watch a really sad movie or something and just let yourself have an all-out cry. Trust me, it helps!

Another suggestion:
Laying down on your back, put a pillow over your face and let out a few huge screams and imagine negative energy leaving your body. For extra release, do the "biking" movement with your legs in the air at the same time.


Psalm 37:24
Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.

We will all fail to keep our cool time and time again. It's important that we remember this verse and ask Him for forgiveness for our transgressions.

Blessings,

Michelle

1 comment:

  1. You are so right about all that:)

    Exercise is sooooo hard for me:( And I too, am crazy at times.... more often than not if you ask my family:(

    Blessings to you,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete