Monday, March 7, 2011

Do we care what God thinks about us more than people here on earth?

My honest answer would have to be no for most of the time. I have been self-conscious for just about my whole life and I know I'm not alone. When I started to get sick, the more self-conscious I became. God really started to get through to me when felt like I hit my bottom. I was angry at the world and God and no one wanted to spend time around me. I can be so stubborn. God is the only ever-lasting entity that we have the pleasure of having a relationship with. It is not an easy walk being a Christian. It is also not popular to be a Christian. It is eternally rewarding, though. Fibromyalgia flare-ups remind me so much of the suffering that the bible says we will have on earth. The suffering ends when we die and are reunited with the Creator. These are huge reasons why we should care much more about what God thinks than what other people think. When others don't realize why we are so tired and call us lazy, are thinking it and have it written on their face or just don't understand, God understands. Here is a verse that goes along with my personal thought today:


Matthew 1:20

But as he considered these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.









If Joseph cared more about what other people thought than what God wanted him to do, the story of Jesus would be so different. The story of Jesus is perfect the way it happened, isn't it? 






Please add your thoughts or comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment