Thursday, February 24, 2011

Faith is a shield!

In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.  -Ephesians 6:16

This is such a powerful verse.  I don't know about everyone else, but a lot of the flaming arrows of the evil one that are thrown at me are negative thoughts and fears.  Negative thoughts seem to turn into fears sometimes.  Every time a negative thought enters my brain, I should always think about how Christ died for us and what that means.  It helps me to think of the big picture when I think about what Jesus did for us.  Then that thought seems to simply fade.  If it doesn't fade, then I (and others that this happens to) need to pray about it.  We need to say, "Here you go, God.  I'm casting all my cares upon you."  We need to actually do this, though.  That means that we cannot pray about it and just keep worrying about it.  We need to have faith that God will take care of the problem.
What activities or things can push out negativity?  Christian music can tend to get negative thoughts and fears out of our heads.  Exercising, although hard to do sometimes with fibromyalgia, can push negativity out.  Satan wants us to be thinking negative thoughts and to always live in fear.  It is not God's way.  If anyone has any other suggestions on how to get rid of negative thoughts and fears, please comment!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment