Monday, June 13, 2011

Bible Passage of The Day:


Psalm 27:4-5
One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle
and set me high upon a rock. (NIV)


Do you tend to seek God when you are dealing with the pain and trauma Fibromyalgia can cause? What about when you worry about money? I know I've done my fair share of that. If we trust God and truly seek him, we wouldn't worry about money, though. He will keep us safe if we just keep our eyes on Him. We get so used to feeling pain that we tend to look toward other things to help us feel better. I know I need to make it a point to pray any time I'm feeling weak or when I'm in pain. 
I sometimes listen online to this awesome preacher from Dallas, TX. His name is Tony Evans. One sermon I listened to was about how we can all be so stubborn in letting the spirit of Jesus Christ in our hearts. He was explaining how our souls are stubborn by nature because we have a sinful nature. We have to continuously keep ourselves in check by being in the Word and praying. 
You don't have to read to be in the Word, either. I know how reading a whole lot can tend to make me feel tired and/or give me headaches sometimes. You can always listen to sermons or listen to the bible online. There are several great pastors to listen to on this site and you can listen to different versions of the bible on the second site.



I hope these links help you to stay in the Word! Blessings to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment