Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Multitasking and the Fibromyalgia Patient

I don't know about you guys, but I find it really difficult to multitask since I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I think this must go along with stress management because it has to do with managing your thoughts and not getting overwhelmed. There are products that help people like me and you. There are several books and full out programs to help us stop sweating the small stuff. I am thinking of trying a few of the programs out. I don't have much to lose, but a lot to gain.

Here is our bible verse of the day:

Can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your span of life? If then you are not able to do so small a thing as that, why do you worry about the rest. (Luke 12:25-26)

Isn't that so true? Worrying takes away time from our lives. We cannot get that time back that we spent stressing about something. God is stressing here that we should all just do the best we can. He is also saying for us to be humble and recognize that we cannot even add an hour to the day, which would be a small thing for God to do. Instead, God wants us to pray for his help in the matter, organize our thoughts and do the best we can. I know it sounds so easy, but stressing and worrying are hard habits to break. Just keep praying to Him and you will succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment