Thursday, March 3, 2011

Gluten-Free and Fibromyalgia

I have seen many articles online about how eating gluten free products can help ease fibromyalgia symptoms. A lot of people who suffer from fibromyalgia cannot tolerate wheat.  I personally have some issues with my fibro symptoms when I eat regular pasta, white bread, and other products that are not whole grain.  I have not had any issues with whole grain products, though. I buy whole grain wheat pasta from the store and I have no problems after I eat it.  I have heard the statement about people with fibromyalgia dealing with different issues before, but I am just curious to see if anyone is like me. I know many of us crave sugar, which is bad for us. I am in that same boat. I don't do well with a lot of caffeine either, which agrees with many articles I have read when it comes to substances that fibromyalgia patients cannot tolerate. Does anyone out there with fibromyalgia tolerate pasta made with whole grains, just not the cheap regular stuff? What about something different than the gluten free claim that it seems other patients can't tolerate but you can? Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment